Terms and Conditions
Thank you for visiting the online store “not just a shop” (at notjustashop.arts.ac.uk), operated by the University of the Arts London (“our Store”). This page sets of the terms and conditions on which you may make purchases from our Store of the products (“Products“) listed in it. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before you buy anything on our website and check that they contain everything which you want and nothing that you are not willing to agree to. By placing an order, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out herein.
- Who we are
- Reference in these terms and conditions to “we”, “our” and “us” are references to us, the University of the Arts London, a Higher Education Corporation of 272 High Holborn, London WC1V 7EY. We own and run our Store.
- Ordering Products from us
Below we set how a legally binding contract between you and us is made;
- You place on order on the site by adding it to your basket and paying for it at the checkout. Please read your order carefully before submitting it;if you need to correct any errors you can do so before submitting it to us.
- When you place your order at the end of the online checkout process (e.g. when you enter your payment details and click on the “pay now” button, we will acknowledge it by email. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted.
We may contact you by email to say that we do not accept your order, this is typically for the following reasons:
- We cannot authorise payment;
- The Product is unavailable;
- We are not allowed to sell the goods to you; or
- There has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the goods.
- If you have already paid for an unaccepted order, you will be refunded the full amount (including any delivery charges) as soon as possible.
- We will only accept your order when we email you to confirm this. This confirmation will normally be entitled “New Order”.
At this point:
- A legally binding contract will be in place between you and us; and
- We will dispatch the goods to you.
If you are under the age of 18 you may not buy any Products from the Store.
- Pricing and Payments
- The total cost of your order is the price of the Product(s) ordered including the costs of delivery. The price of a Product is inclusive of VAT at the applicable rate.
- All orders for Products are charged in pounds sterling (£) GBP. If you pay with another currency, you will be charged at the current exchange rate.
- Payment for Products and all applicable delivery charges must be made by you in advance. Your credit or debit card will only be charged when you place an order with us.
- We accept payment with MasterCard, Visa, Visa Debit and Visa Electron.
- We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from our website.
- We endeavour to ensure that prices on our website are correct however some prices may be incorrect. We reserve the right to withdraw any Products with incorrect price from sale. If we discover an error for any goods you have ordered we will tell you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order (at the correct price) or cancelling it with a full refund. If we can’t get in touch with you, we will treat the order as cancelled and we will refund you in full.
- By placing an order with us, you confirm that the payment card being used to place the order is your own. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks by their card issuer. If your payment card is not authorised, we will not be liable for any subsequent delay caused to your order.
- Our Products
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you certain legal rights (also known as ‘statutory rights’), for example, the goods:
4.1.1 are of satisfactory quality;
4.1.2 are fit for purpose; and
4.1.3 match the description, sample or model.
- We must provide you with Products that comply with your legal rights.
- We have made every effort to represent the Products on our website accurately. However, due to discrepancies in the way colours display on individual computer screens, we cannot guarantee that the colours on-screen will be an exact match to the Products when they arrive.
- Products manufactured from natural leathers/suedes and recycled papers/boards may feature minor imperfections associated with natural materials.
- Manufacturing processes (such as hand painting and glazing) mean that ceramic Products may differ slightly from the images shown on this website.
- Handmade and hand-finished Products may differ slightly to the images shown on our website.
- Product packaging may differ from the images seen on this website.
- Cancellations and Amendments
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 28 days of purchase without giving any reason.
- To cancel your order, you must inform us by emailing email@example.com or telephoning +44 (0)20 7514 2277 during opening hours; and return the item within the 28 day period set out in 5.1 above.
- Refunds for Goods
- If you cancel this contract within the 28 day period above, we will reimburse to you all the payment received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), provided the Product is returned to us in its original condition (including packaging) and with proof of purchase within this 28 day period. Please see our Refund Policy for further details.
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
- You can also return Products in person at our premises at 272 High Holborn London WC1V 7EY. Current opening times are available on this website.
Customised Products and gift vouchers are final sale and cannot be returned. Earrings cannot be returned for hygiene reasons. Please contact us before ordering if you are unsure. Return of these Products will only be accepted if the item is faulty. If the fault can be repaired by us, or the item replaced a refund will not be authorised.
- Refunds will be paid in GBP and we will not be responsible for any losses you suffer as a result of currency exchange fluctuations or exchanges.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day we received back from you any Products supplied.
- We will endeavour to make the reimbursement by the same means as you paid for the Product.
- Postage costs will not be refunded unless the order that you receive is incorrect or faulty in which case we will pay the costs of return.
- Once your order has been dispatched we will send you a confirmation email with an estimated delivery date, which will be no later than 30 days after the date of the dispatch confirmation.
- The Products are your responsibility once they have been delivered to the delivery address you provided us. In other words, the risk in the Product passes to you when you take possession of the goods.
- We do not make deliveries to any addresses outside of the UK.
- Orders may also be collected in person from our premises at 272 High Holborn, London WC1V 7EY. If you wish to collect you order you should select the ‘Click and Collect’ option when placing you order through our website.
- If something happens which is outside of our control and affects the estimated date of delivery we will let you have a revised estimated date for delivery of the Product.
For the avoidance of doubt, this sale does not transfer or assign or licence any copyright or other intellectual property rights to you. During the period in which the Product is protected by copyright, the copyright remains with the creator of the Product (or any person to whom that right has been assigned). You are purchasing the Product, but not the right to produce copies of the Product (including photographs thereof) for publication or do any other act restricted by copyright. If such rights are sought, you should contact the copyright owner.
- Changes to Terms
9.1 We may revise these terms occasionally so please read them carefully every time you place an online order with us.
- Your privacy and personal information
- Limit on our responsibility to you
11.1 Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for:
11.1.1 losses that:
- were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed; or
- that were not caused by any breach on our part;
11.1.2 business losses; and
11.1.3 losses to non-consumers.
- Your rights as a consumer
As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to the Contract which are not affected by these Terms. Advice about your rights may be available from your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau.
- Governing Law
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and you and we both agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Contact information